Our compassionate team understands if you’re nervous about your dental care – many people are. We have good news for you, however! Our Georgetown sedation options can help you:Image Title: youtube thumbnail - EvIQrtBhR8Q How can Sedation Dentistry Help Overcome Dental Anxiety? | The Smile Center
- Relax and enjoy pleasant dental care
- Experience peace of mind without worrying about the unknown
- Reduce anxiety about any future dental work needed
- Enjoy confidence that your smile looks its best
To get an appointment for dental care using sedation, call our team today at 843-492-5026. We’re located at 1209 N. Fraser St. – across the road from Belk.
Relax & Leave All Your Cares at the Door
Feel free to take advantage of a warm, cozy blanket or a soft pillow to help you feel right at home. Our patient care rooms also feature ceiling-mounted TVs and headphones. We understand, however, that many of our patients will need a little extra help to fully relax.
That’s why we offer you two great dental sedation options. We’ll happily discuss both in detail with you so you can decide which one you’d like to use. Your options include:
- Laughing Gas – This is our mildest form of sedation, also called inhaled sedation. After breathing in the gas through a comfortable mask, you’ll almost immediately begin to feel relaxed all over. The sedative may even make you slightly euphoric and giddy. Pretty soon, the idea of dental work won’t bother you at all. Afterward, the gas’s effects will wear off quickly, and you’ll have no problem driving yourself home.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For patients with more severe dental anxiety, we offer this form of sedation. Dr. John Miller is our expert, having completed advanced training with the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. He uses oral sedatives in pill form that are considered highly safe. He will consider your medical history, among other factors, before giving you an oral sedative. The easy-to-swallow pill will give you a feeling of total relaxation, and you may even be a bit groggy. Patients often report that with this type of sedation, they have little or no memory of their procedure. Afterward, a friend or family member will need to drive you home, as the pill’s effects will take a few hours to diminish.
Sit back and relax with our Georgetown sedation options. Call us today to schedule a pleasant dental experience: 843-492-5026.