No matter how far afield Dr. John Miller has gone for his extensive dental training, his heart has always remained in South Carolina! So that is where he established his two dental offices: in Georgetown and Murrells Inlet.
Born in Georgetown, Dr. Miller attended local schools from kindergarten through 12th grade. He then earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from Francis Marion College and attended the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine. After completing his doctorate in dental medicine (DMD) in 1988, Dr. Miller started his practice in Georgetown. With the growth of his practice, he opened a second location in Murrells Inlet in 2008.
Dr. Miller’s postdoctoral training includes many different areas of dentistry, such as dental implant surgery, Invisalign orthodontics, laser surgery, conscious sedation, and cosmetics. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the South Carolina Dental Association, and the Pee Dee District Dental Society.
Dr. Miller lives near Georgetown with his wife, Kristi, a family nurse practitioner, and their three sons. The entire family enjoys the outdoors, including hunting, fishing, and scuba diving. Dr. Miller served as Scoutmaster for the Pawleys Island Boy Scouts. His two oldest sons are Eagle Scouts, and the youngest is working on his requirements for Eagle.
Dr. Miller’s extensive experience includes:
- Implant training at multiple locations since 1988. Surgical placement and restoration of Bicon, Straumann, Zimmer, Implant Direct, MDI, Zest LODI. Placement with cone beam–guided surgery techniques for complex cases.
- Sinus lift techniques, bone grafting, and periodontal grafting training with Dr. John Russo and staff at MUSC.
- Former member of the American Academy of Laser Dentistry.
- Invisalign trained since 2005.
- Conscious sedation training with Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS), 2003 in Memphis, TN. Both basic and advanced-level training.
- Current BLS and ACLS certified.
- Lectured on mini implants in Cozumel, Mexico.
- Lectured on Oral Cancer & Dental Disease at local meeting and annual state meeting for the Grand Strand Advanced Practice Nurse Association.