Gum infections are one of the most common oral health problems in the United States. Odds are that you or people you care about will have periodontal disease. When that happens, you can come to us for gum disease treatment in Murrells Inlet, SC. With our help, you will:
- Keep your healthy smile intact
- Freshen your breath
- Improve your self-confidence
- Protect your overall health
- Prevent tooth loss and avoid other serious consequences
If you have red, tender, or bleeding gums, call 843-491-5353 for an appointment with Dr. Miller. If you don’t have insurance, ask about our membership plan for patients vulnerable to gum disease treatment. It’s a way of saving on treatment and keeping your mouth healthy.
Save Your Smile With Periodontal Treatment
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that nearly half of all adults in the United States have advanced gum disease. It’s also the top cause of tooth loss in America. If you notice issues with your gums at home, or we spot it during your checkup, we can get your gum health back on track. Our treatment is a two-part process:
- Scaling – This is similar to what we do during a routine dental cleaning, but we go below the gumline to remove plaque and tartar from the roots of your teeth.
- Root Planing – The second step in the procedure is smoothing the surface of the roots. This makes it easier to reconnect your teeth and your gums. It also makes it more difficult for bacteria to bond to your roots.
If you have any anxiety about this treatment, you can have it done painlessly at our practice. With The Wand®, we deliver local anesthetic without you feeling anything. Our sedation options can also keep you calm and relaxed.
Good oral hygiene habits, including regular dental cleanings and exams, can keep your gums healthy. Schedule your next checkup or get gum disease treatment in Murrells Inlet, SC by calling 843-492-5026 for an appointment. You can also .