Make Your Child’s First Dental Visit in Murrells Inlet a Positive Milestone
55% of American adults wish their parents had instilled better dental habits when they were younger. Source.
As a parent or caregiver, you naturally want what’s best for your child. Good dental care is one of the best gifts you can give them. By setting them up for dental success when they’re young, it will help them keep great smiles for life. That’s why your child’s first dental visit in Murrells Inlet is so important. This appointment at The Smile Center will:
- Get your little one used to coming to the dentist
- Help them avoid developing dental anxiety or fear
- Uncover any oral problems so they can receive early treatment
- Give you peace of mind about the health of their smile
Call us today at 843-492-5026, and we’ll make an appointment for your child to see Dr. Miller. We’re conveniently located at 4539 Hwy. 17 Bypass S. Join our membership plan if you don’t have insurance. Your child’s checkups will be covered, and you’ll get discounts on other services too.
Set Your Child Up For a Healthy Smile
Dr. Miller and our staff love helping kids get the dental care they need. We’ll treat your little one with the utmost care and respect, just like we would any other patient. Healthy smiles begin with early treatment and preventive care. We agree with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry – you should bring your child to the dentist after their first tooth appears, or by age 1.
Your child’s initial dental visit will be what we call a “happy visit.” We will:
- Take a look inside their mouth to check for any obvious problems with their teeth or gums
- Give you tips on how to brush their teeth and help keep their mouth healthy
As more teeth come through, keeping up a good brushing routine will become increasingly important. Healthy baby teeth help ensure that adult teeth come through with no problems.
We Help Kids Feel at Home
When your child arrives, they will enjoy a brief tour of our office to see some of the equipment we use to keep their teeth healthy. We’ll introduce them to our staff and make them feel welcome. As they get older, their visits with us will more closely resemble a routine dental exam and cleaning. We offer your toddler:
- A prize from our treasure chest as a reward for a completed visit
- Ceiling-mounted TVs and headphones so they can watch cartoons or a favorite show
- Air abrasion, which allows us to treat small cavities without a drill or anesthesia
Your child’s first dental visit in Murrells Inlet is an important part of their oral health. Call us today at 843-491-5353 to schedule their appointment. You can also .