When your mouth is dry, it can be annoying and uncomfortable. Because you aren’t producing saliva to wash away bacteria and food particles, it can also lead to other issues, including cavities and gum infections. You can get rid of your dry mouth in Murrells Inlet, SC by visiting our office for treatment. With our help, you can:
- Eat and digest your food more comfortably
- Reduce your risk of oral health problems
- Speak more clearly and comfortably
- Avoid bad breath and other unpleasant effects of dry mouth
Call The Smile Center at 843-491-5353 to set up your appointment. Make sure you ask about our membership plan. A low monthly fee covers the cost of your biannual checkups and provides discounts on other treatments.
Keep Bacteria Under Control With Dry Mouth Treatment
Your saliva is like a weapon in your ongoing fight to keep harmful bacteria and plaque from accumulating on your teeth. It makes it easier to rinse plaque and food particles off your teeth and protects your enamel from harmful acids. Unfortunately, the bacteria that cause cavities and periodontal disease thrives in dry places.
When you come in for treatment, Dr. Miller will:
- Examine your mouth to identify the underlying cause of your dry mouth
- Recommend products like Tooth & Gums Tonic, an all-natural antibacterial mouth rinse that can provide you relief
- Discuss possible reasons for this condition, such as lifestyle habits like smoking or drinking alcohol, a result of medications you are taking, or other medical problems
Treating dry mouth is only part of what keeps your mouth as healthy as it can be. Be sure to continue drinking water, brushing and flossing daily, and getting regular professional dental cleanings and exams. Dr. Miller can also provide fluoride treatments and dental sealants to protect against cavities.
Treat your dry mouth in Murrells Inlet, SC, by calling 843-491-5353 to make an appointment at The Smile Center. You can also .