Your temporomandibular joint, or TMJ, is the hinge that connects your jaw to your skull and allows you to chew, speak, laugh, and yawn. Because you rely on your TMJ all day long for basic functions, it can become misaligned from constant use, stress, or trauma. This can lead to painful symptoms that Dr. Miller and our team can relieve with TMJ treatment in Murrells Inlet.
Our TMJ solutions can:
- End your nagging jaw, head, and facial pain
- Restore comfortable function of your jaw
- Prevent dental damage from teeth grinding
- Heal your jaw and allow you to live pain-free again
Call us at 843-491-5353 to schedule an appointment for TMJ treatment. Dr. Miller can determine if your TMJ is causing your pain and discomfort and offer effective, lasting solutions.
Get an Oral Appliance to Stop TMJ Pain
At The Smile Center, we’ve helped many patients find relief from TMJ pain with a custom oral appliance. It’s like a mouthguard you wear while you sleep that cushions your upper and lower teeth, alleviating the tension on your jaw joint.
The oral appliance prevents teeth grinding, protects your healthy smile, and allows your jaw to heal naturally over time. It’s a comfortable, effective solution that we may even use with other strategies, such as:
- Stress-relieving techniques
- Over-the-counter pain medication
- Ice packs to reduce swelling and inflammation
Put an End to the Painful Symptoms of TMD
TMJ disorder (TMD) isn’t something you can self-diagnose. The signs and symptoms can be widespread and difficult to connect, which is why you should schedule an appointment with Dr. Miller.
He’s an experienced professional who can thoroughly evaluate your case and determine if TMD is the cause of your pain. You should give us a call if you’re experiencing any of the common symptoms related to TMD, like:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Worn or damaged teeth
- Difficulty or pain while chewing
- Pain or tenderness in the jaw, face, or neck
- Changes in your bite alignment
- Clicking sounds in your jaw
Don’t let problems with your jaw joint make you miserable or put your oral health at risk.
If you suspect that TMJ disorder is the source of your painful symptoms, call The Smile Center today at 843-491-5353 to request an appointment with Dr. Miller for TMJ treatment in Murrells Inlet.