Your temporomandibular joint, or TMJ, is the hinge that connects your jaw to your skull. It allows you to chew, speak, laugh, and yawn. Because you rely on your TMJs all day long for basic functions, they can become misaligned from constant use, stress, or trauma. This can lead to painful symptoms that Dr. Miller and our team can relieve with TMJ treatment in Murrells Inlet.
Our TMJ solutions can:
- End your jaw, head, and facial pain
- Restore natural function of your jaw
- Prevent dental damage from teeth grinding
- Heal your jaw, so you can live pain-free again
Call us at 843-491-5353 to schedule an appointment. Make sure you join our membership plan if you don’t have insurance. It includes coverage on preventive services and provides savings on other treatments.
Get an Oral Appliance to Stop TMJ Pain & Restore Your Health
At The Smile Center, we’ve helped many patients find relief from TMJ pain. When you come in for your appointment, Dr. Miller will start by examining your mouth to ensure you have a TMJ disorder. He’ll use a 3-D CT scanner to take detailed images of your joints for a quick and precise diagnosis. Once confirmed, he’ll provide treatment, such as:
- Custom Oral Appliance – This is like a mouthguard you wear while you sleep. It cushions your upper and lower teeth, alleviating the tension on your jaw joints. It prevents teeth grinding, protects your healthy smile, and allows your jaw to heal naturally over time.
- At-Home Strategies – We may also recommend other treatment you can do at home in combination with an oral appliance. You may benefit from stress-relieving techniques, over-the-counter pain medication, or ice packs to reduce swelling and inflammation.
In addition, Dr. Miller may need to perform restorative dentistry if you have worn-down or damaged teeth from grinding teeth and clenching your jaw.
TMJ disorder isn’t something you can self-diagnose. The signs and symptoms can be widespread and difficult to connect. As an experienced professional, Dr. Miller can thoroughly evaluate your case and determine if TMD is the cause of your pain.
Give us a call if you’re experiencing any of the common symptoms related to TMD, such as chronic headaches and migraines, difficulty or pain while chewing, lockjaw, or clicking sounds in your jaw.
Don’t let problems with your jaw joint make you miserable or put your oral health at risk. Call The Smile Center today at 843-491-5353 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Miller for TMJ treatment in Murrells Inlet. You can also .