Your gums are just as important to a healthy smile as your teeth. If bacteria get into your gumline, it can result in significant gum problems. Left untreated, this disease can endanger your teeth. Our Georgetown gum disease treatment will:
- Rid your mouth of harmful bacteria
- Let you smile with more confidence
- Help you avoid tooth loss and other problems
- Make your breath more pleasant
If you think your gums could be suffering, call us today at 843-492-5026 for an appointment. We’re located at 1209 North Fraser St. in Georgetown. Take your choice of sedation options to help you relax!
Restore Your Gums to a Healthy Pink Condition
Dr. Miller and his capable staff at The Smile Center will look for signs of gum disease during your dental exams. In its earliest stages, we treat gum disease with a thorough dental cleaning, removing the bacteria-filled plaque from your teeth and gums.
If bacteria has gotten under your gumline, it creates “pockets” that can cause your gums to begin to separate from your teeth. At this stage, we’ll treat you with a two-part deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing.
During this process, we will:
- Clean out the bacteria both above and under your gums using special dental instruments
- Smooth your tooth surfaces to make it tougher for plaque to attach and grow
- Apply Arestin® antibacterial medication directly to your gums to keep gum disease from spreading
Stop Gum Disease to Keep Your Bone & Gums Whole
Gum disease is problematic for two reasons:
- Many people develop this oral problem. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly half of American adults have some form of gum disease.
- In its earliest stages, gum disease gives you tender gums. However, in its advanced stages, gum disease can cause extensive dental damage. If not treated, it can cause bone and tissue damage that results in tooth loss.
Visit The Smile Center for Georgetown gum disease treatment. Call us today at 843-492-5026 to schedule your appointment or to find out how to save on your care with our in-house periodontal membership plan.