You probably don’t want to think about having surgery performed on your mouth. However, Georgetown oral surgery doesn’t have to be scary, especially in the skilled hands of Dr. John Miller. He and our team at The Smile Center can use oral surgical procedures to:
- Get your mouth ready for all the benefits of dental implants
- Stop your pain and help you relax
- Prevent dental damage that could require more extensive repair
- Restore the health of your mouth and avoid other problems
Call The Smile Center today to schedule your consultation for oral surgery: 843-492-5026. You’ll find us at 1209 N. Fraser St. in Georgetown – not far from Anthuan Maybank Drive. If you don’t have insurance, ask about how you can save with our membership plan.
Preserve Your Smile With Dental Surgery
An oral surgery procedure may be needed for several reasons. No matter what your situation is, you can be rest assured that you are in good hands. Dr. Miller has advanced training in numerous types of oral surgery from the Medical University of South Carolina. We also use a state-of-the-art 3-D CT scanner to take detailed images, which we use for planning your procedure.
Below are a few procedures we routinely perform at The Smile Center:
- Teeth Extractions – Removing your tooth isn’t ever our first option. However, if your diseased or damaged tooth can’t be saved through restorative treatment such as a root canal, we’ll gently remove it. This protects your other teeth and gums.
- Bone Grafts – If your jawbone is not strong or thick enough for dental implants, Dr. Miller can add bone material to stimulate the growth of new bone cells. In a few months, your jaw will be ready for implant placement.
- Sinus Lifts – This procedure is a type of bone graft that adds bone to your upper jaw to make it strong enough for implants. It also moves your sinuses up slightly to make room for your implants.
- Ridge Augmentations – We can use one of several techniques to improve the quality and/or quantity of your gum tissue and jawbone structure. This procedure may be needed to get your mouth ready for dental implants, too.
We understand if you have anxiety about surgery. So we offer two forms of sedation to ease your nerves. You can also relax during treatment with a warm blanket, a neck pillow, and a TV and headphones if you’d like.
It’s our goal you won’t have to visit an outside oral surgeon. Call us today at 843-492-5026 to find out more about oral surgery in Georgetown. You can also .