Playing sports is a great way to get your body into shape – but you might be putting your teeth at risk. According to a recent study, up to 40 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports.
Given that statistic, it’s a good idea to consider custom-made athletic mouthguards in Georgetown. Dr. John Miller will fit you for a mouthguard. Then, depending on your requirements, we either make it in-house or work with a respected laboratory.
Custom athletic mouthguards:
- Fit you perfectly, so they stay in your mouth
- Lessen the likelihood of suffering dental injuries
- Enable you to breathe easily while you play
Call The Smile Center at 843-492-5026 to find out more about our custom-made mouthguards.
Custom Athletic Mouthguards Offer Superior Performance
A custom mouthguard is made using impressions we take of your upper and lower jaws. Doing so guarantees a more comfortable fit than you’ll get with a “boil-and-bite” mouthguard purchased from a drugstore. A better fit means you’ll be more likely to actually wear it!
In addition to a custom fit, your mouthguard:
- Is Made to Last – Custom mouthguards are made out of quality materials that will better withstand abuse both on and off the field. So you won’t have to replace them as often as the drugstore models.
- Is Customized to Your Sport – Different sports require different levels of padding. Dr. Miller will design a mouthguard that offers the right level of protection for your sport. You may even be able to get a mouthguard in your team colors!
- Makes It Easier to Breathe and Speak – The better fit means you won’t have to clench your teeth to keep your mouthguard in place. That means you’ll be able to breathe and speak more easily. Again, this increases the odds you’ll actually wear your sports mouthguard.