Playing sports is a great way to get your body into shape, but it might put your teeth at risk. According to a recent study, up to 40 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to consider athletic mouthguards in Georgetown. Dr. John Miller will take impressions of your teeth. Then depending on your requirements, he will make a mouthguard in-house or through a respected laboratory. As a result, you will:
- Wear a mouthguard that fits you perfectly
- Reduce your chance of dental injuries
- Breathe easily while you play
- Avoid a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process before your first wear
Call The Smile Center at 843-492-5026 to schedule an appointment. Make sure you ask about our membership plan for discounts on services if you don’t have insurance.
Custom Athletic Mouthguards Offer Superior Performance
A custom mouthguard is made using impressions we take of your upper and lower jaws. Doing so guarantees a more comfortable fit than you’ll get with a “boil-and-bite” mouthguard purchased from a drugstore. This also means you or your child are more likely to actually wear your guard, too.
You can expect your mouthguard will be:
- Long-Lasting – Custom mouthguards are made of quality materials that better withstand abuse both on and off the field. You won’t have to replace them as often as the drugstore models.
- Customized According to Sport – Different sports require different levels of padding. Dr. Miller will design a mouthguard that offers the right level of protection for your sport. You may even be able to get a mouthguard in your team colors!
- Easy to Wear – The better fit means you won’t have to clench your teeth to keep your mouthguard in place. That means you’ll be able to breathe and speak more easily. Again, this increases the odds you’ll actually wear your sports mouthguard.
For athletic mouthguards in Georgetown, call 843-492-5026 or . We also make custom night guards that can relieve TMJ symptoms.