Relieving dental anxiety in Georgetown is an important part of your oral health. If you suffer from anxiety, you’ll likely avoid coming to the dentist for routine care like dental exams. This means problems like cavities or gum disease can go undetected. If problems worsen, you may need procedures like a root canal or even a tooth extraction and replacement. Let us help you keep your teeth and lose your anxiety!Why Some People are Afraid of the Dentists? | General Dentistry - The Smile Center Read Transcript
There are a lot of reasons people avoid going to the dentist. Some people are scared of getting treatment. Others haven't been in for so long, they're scared of what they might find. Maybe their gums bleed when they brush their teeth or floss, or maybe when they eat popcorn or chips. They could be worried this is an early sign of gum disease. But studies have shown the number one reason people put off their dental care has nothing to do with fear or pain. It has to do with the guilt of putting off the dentist, that people keep putting it off because they're afraid to get lectured by the doctor and staff. At our office, we don't lecture our patients as to why they haven't seen a dentist. We just want our patients to get better. Come see what makes us different. Mention you saw this video and you'll receive a free consultation and recommended action plan. What are you waiting for? Pick up the phone and call us today.
We’ll relieve your anxiety with:
- An experienced team who knows how to put you at ease
- Emergency dental care, if you need it
- Two kinds of safe dental sedation
- A pain-free method of administering anesthesia
Call The Smile Center at 843-492-5026 for a stress-free appointment.
Stay Comfortable While Receiving the Smile You Deserve
Our office has a relaxed vibe that should help put you at ease. In addition, our caring team will offer you comfort options such as:
- Warm Blankets
- Neck Pillows
- TVs and Headphones
We also use dental technology that takes the discomfort out of your procedures. Two examples include:
- The Wand® – Many people dislike the sting from the needle used to deliver a numbing local anesthetic. This handheld instrument painlessly delivers the anesthesia. Even better, your lips and tongue won’t feel funny following your procedure.
- Air Abrasion – We can use air abrasion instead of a drill to treat small areas of tooth decay. Unlike a drill, there is no heat, friction, or drilling sound. It works almost like a tiny sandblaster, using compressed air to aim a stream of particles at the decay.
If that’s not enough to put you at ease, we can calm your nerves with one of two forms of dental sedation: laughing gas or an oral sedative you take before your dental procedure.
Let us show you how we can help with relieving dental anxiety in Georgetown. Call 843-492-5026 for an appointment today. You can also schedule online. Our office is especially convenient if you live or work in ZIP code 29440.