Relieving dental anxiety in Georgetown is an important part of your oral health. If you suffer from anxiety, you’ll likely avoid coming to the dentist for routine care like dental exams. This means problems like cavities or gum disease can go undetected. If problems worsen, you may need procedures like a root canal or even a tooth extraction and replacement. Let us help you keep your teeth and lose your anxiety!Why Some People are Afraid of the Dentists? | General Dentistry - The Smile Center
We’ll relieve your anxiety with:
- An experienced team who knows how to put you at ease
- Emergency dental care, if you need it
- Two kinds of safe dental sedation
- A pain-free method of administering anesthesia
Call The Smile Center at 843-492-5026 for a stress-free appointment.
Enjoy Our Comfort Amenities
Our office has a relaxed vibe that should help put you at ease. In addition, our caring team will offer you comfort options such as:
- Warm blankets
- Neck pillows
- A choice of beverages
- TVs and headphones
We Take the Discomfort Out of Dental Procedures
We use dental technology that takes the discomfort out of your procedures. Two examples include:
- The Wand® – Many people dislike the sting from the needle used to deliver a numbing local anesthetic. This handheld tool painlessly delivers the anesthesia. Even better, your lips and tongue won’t “feel funny” following your procedure.
- Air Abrasion – We can use air abrasion instead of a drill to treat small areas of tooth decay. Unlike a drill, there is no heat, friction, or drilling sound. It works almost like a tiny sandblaster, using compressed air to aim a stream of particles at the decay.
We can also calm your nerves with one of two forms of dental sedation: laughing gas or an oral sedative you take before your dental procedure.
Let us show you how we can help in relieving dental anxiety in Georgetown. Call 843-492-5026 for an appointment today. Our office is especially convenient if you live or work in ZIP code 29440.