Good dental health starts with dental cleanings and exams in Georgetown! Dr. John Miller uses the latest in dental technology to examine your family’s teeth.
Finding problems in their earliest stages ensures any treatment will be:
- Less Costly – We can fix a small cavity with a filling. A larger one will require a dental crown. If decay gets inside your tooth, you’ll need a root canal. A filling is obviously the least expensive option.
- Quicker – A filling can be completed in a single short visit. If we discover it during an exam, Dr. Miller can often repair it right away. You’ll need a second visit – or even more – for other treatments.
- More Comfortable – We can treat many small cavities with air abrasion, a method that requires no drilling.
We recommend getting two dental exams a year. Biannual exams and cleanings are covered under our membership plan. You can avoid insurance hassles with this plan, which also includes discounts on our other dental services. For more information on our plan or to schedule your next exam, call us today at 843-492-5026.
From Cavities to Oral Cancer, We Focus on Prevention
Our team cleans your teeth to remove the bacteria-filled plaque that leads to tooth decay. We can also provide dental sealants and fluoride treatments to help protect your family’s teeth from decay.
Dr. Miller doesn’t just look for cavities during dental exams. He also performs oral cancer screenings. Catching oral cancer in its earliest stages is especially important, as the survival rate drops if it goes undiscovered until a later stage. Dr. Miller has taught a course in oral cancer screening to South Carolina nurse practitioners.
Your Dental Exam Includes Some of the Latest Technology
At The Smile Center, we use some of the latest dental technology, including:
- Digital X-rays – No more waiting while film develops, and we can enlarge or otherwise tweak digital images to get a better look at your teeth.
- DIAGNOdent – Laser fluorescence helps us locate cavities in their earliest stages.
This technology helps us identify any dental problems while they are still minor. We never want minor dental problems to turn into major ones that will require more complex and costly treatment! If any issues need attention, we’ll discuss treatment options such as restorative dentistry with you. We’ll use The Wand® during any restorative treatment to administer local anesthesia virtually painlessly.
For dental cleanings and exams in Georgetown, call 843-492-5026.