Maintain Your Oral Health With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Georgetown
About 1 out of 4 adults has untreated decay. Source.
Good dental health starts with dental cleanings and exams in Georgetown. When you visit The Smile Center, you’ll benefit from Dr. John Miller’s use of the latest in dental technology to examine your family’s teeth. Finding problems in their earliest stages ensures any treatment will be:
- Less Costly – Fixing a small cavity requires less work than a seriously damaged or diseased tooth. As a result, it’s less expensive since we use fewer materials.
- Quicker – A filling can be completed in a single short visit, especially if we discover it during your exam. Other treatments, such as restorative care, usually require two or more visits.
- More Comfortable – Treating small cavities is easy because we use air abrasion, a method that requires no drilling to repair your smile.
We recommend getting two dental exams a year. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll be happy to know your biannual exams and cleanings are covered under our membership plan. It helps you avoid insurance hassles and includes discounts on our other dental services. For more information on our plan or to schedule your next exam, call us today at 843-492-5026.
Keep Your Smile in Good Shape With Preventive Care & Advanced Technology
Dr. Miller doesn’t just look for cavities during dental exams, he also performs oral cancer screenings. When you catch oral cancer in its earliest stages, the survival rate is much greater than if it goes undiscovered until a later stage. You’ll also benefit from Dr. Miller’s experience in this area, as he has taught a course in oral cancer screening to South Carolina nurse practitioners.
In addition, our team will:
- Do a Thorough Cleaning – When you visit our team for a cleaning, we’ll remove the bacteria-filled plaque that can lead to tooth decay.
- Offer Preventive Treatments – We will also treat your smile to dental sealants or fluoride treatments, if necessary, to protect your teeth from decay.
- Create Custom Treatment Plans – If any issues need attention, we’ll discuss your treatment options and create a plan that will get your oral health back on track. For example, we may recommend restorative dentistry treatments.
At The Smile Center, we never want minor dental problems to turn into major ones that will require more complex and costly treatment. That’s why we use some of the latest dental technology, including:
- Digital X-rays – Not only are the images easier to capture, we can enlarge or otherwise tweak digital images to get a better look at your teeth.
- DIAGNOdent – Laser fluorescence helps us locate cavities in their earliest stages, so we can identify any dental concerns while they are still minor.
- The Wand® – We can administer local anesthesia without an uncomfortable sting, so you won’t feel a thing during treatments.
For dental cleanings and exams in Georgetown, call 843-492-5026 or .