You are looking for a new dentist. Now think about what is important to you. You want someone who will provide top-notch clinical care, of course. And a lot of dental practices provide that. But there is something else that is equally important and, frankly, more difficult to find: a dentist who prioritizes making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
At The Smile Center, our friendly people and comforting amenities make our two practices stand out from the crowd. We are skilled with treating patients of every age, from toddlers to seniors. We have all of the services your family may need, from sealants to orthodontics to cosmetic dentistry to restorative procedures to full-mouth reconstruction — plus, of course, cleanings and exams for all.
We go out of our way to make all of our patients feel like they are a part of our dental family. And this is what makes them want to keep coming back.
If you are looking for a new dental home, visit us at The Smile Center. We can’t wait to meet you. To schedule an appointment for any of our general dentistry services, call the location that is most convenient for you: Murrells Inlet SC at 843-491-5353 or Georgetown SC at 843-492-5026.
You Will Feel Welcome at Our Office
We are the antidote to the big dental chains. The Smile Center is all about providing personalized, comfortable service and treating every patient like a good friend.
It begins with our fantastic staff. From our front office people to our dental assistants to our hygienists to Drs. Miller and Cerasaro, everyone who works here is professional, skilled, and a compassionate person skilled at easing the anxiety of nervous adults and children. We are patient, happy to explain procedures in a way that makes sense to you. And we will never judge you, look down on you, or lecture you. We want to create a calming environment, and the our team members are a huge part of that.
We’ve created an office environment that’s less clinical and more spa-like. Our walls are painted in soothing colors, and we offer amenities that you won’t find at your run-of-the-mill dental office.
- Neck pillows to keep you comfortable in the dentist’s chair.
- Cozy blankets to take the chill away.
- Beverages to enjoy while you wait.
- TVs and headphones so you can watch a favorite show and be blissfully distracted from your mouth.
We Love Dental Technology
Recent years have seen enormous advances in dental technology and innovation. At The Smile Center, we’ve embraced this revolution. Not just because technology is, well, awesome, but because it’s made treatments better and the patient experience better. As a general rule, digitization, lasers, and other advancements have made dental procedures faster, less invasive, less painful, and more accurate.
- For many people, the anesthesia needle is a thing of nightmares. Conventionally administered numbing agent can be the worst part about getting a filling! The Wand® computer-assisted anesthesia delivery system changes all of that. Because it precisely controls the flow rate and pressure of the injection, you won’t feel pain. Also, because you will feel less numbness and discomfort after your procedure, you can get right on with your day.
- Air abrasion technology enables us to treat smaller areas of decay without using a drill. Because there is no heat, friction, or that annoying whine, you will feel less pain and less anxiety.
- We use lasers to contour your gums with minimal invasiveness and discomfort, very little bleeding, and a fast recovery time.
- Digital X-rays are quicker, provide better images, and enable us to enlarge and sharpen the picture on our computer screen. They expose you, the patient, to far less radiation than conventional X-rays.
- The DIAGNOdent pen is a cutting-edge tool that, through laser fluorescence, enables us to detect even tiny and hidden-away cavities in a totally non-invasive way. This allows us to get an early start on treatment if warranted.
Enroll in Our Membership Plan
Our SCDentalSavings Membership Plan is not insurance, but is a way to make dental care affordable for you and your family even if you’re not insured. We have options for adults, children, families, and a special plan for people with active periodontal disease. Costs (minus a $50 activation fee) are detailed below.
- Our single adult plan is $25/month.
- Our single child plan (14 years and younger) is $15/month.
- Our adult and spouse plan is $45/month.
- Our family plan (2 adults and 2 children under the age of 18) is $75/month.
- Our perio plan is $45/month.
For details, visit our membership plan page .
We hope you decide to make The Smile Center your new dental home. You may request a general dentistry appointment via our web form or call either one of our offices directly: Murrells Inlet (843-491-5353) or Georgetown (843-492-5026).