Want to straighten your teeth without unsightly metal wires or brackets? Unlike conventional braces, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligner trays to gently move your teeth into place faster than traditional braces. Orthodontics: What is Invisalign? | The Smile Center
Unlike braces, you can remove your Invisalign aligners, so they are easy to care for and keep clean. You can eat with no concerns about food lodging in braces! It makes it easier to brush and floss your teeth too.
Our Georgetown, SC and Murrells Inlet SC dentist is an expert! Call The Smile Center to find out more about Invisalign orthodontics.
How Invisalign Orthodontics Works
This is how this orthodontics treatment process usually works:
- Our Murrells Inlet, SC dentist examines your mouth, takes digital X-rays, measures your jaws, and makes impressions of your teeth. The information is sent to a special Invisalign lab, which makes your customized, BPA-free plastic aligner trays.
- We also design a treatment schedule for you, based on the movement of your teeth that will be required.
- When you get your aligners, you wear each set for a week or two before switching to the next one.
- You visit our dentist every four to six weeks so he can monitor your progress and make any needed adjustments.
Invisalign Orthodontics FAQ
Here are five questions we hear frequently.
- Are Invisalign aligners uncomfortable? You will likely feel some pressure as your teeth move into place. But there are no metal wires or brackets to rub against your mouth. Most patients find this more comfortable than braces.
- Will people know I am wearing Invisalign aligners? Probably not! Because they are made of clear, BPA-free plastic, they are practically invisible.
- How do I clean my Invisalign aligners? Cleaning your aligners is a snap! You just brush them with toothpaste and rinse them in water.
- Is it for everyone? Our dentist will determine if this treatment is a good orthodontics solution for you. He will not work as well as braces for certain cases. If we need to rotate canine or premolar teeth, for example, braces will be a better choice. We also do not recommend Invisalign for children whose jaws are still growing.
The first step toward this treatment is a consultation with our dentist. Call The Smile Center at 843-492-5026 for an appointment in Georgetown, SC or 843-491-5353 to visit our Murrells Inlet, SC dentist office. Or use our online form to book your visit.