Your child’s first dental visit is an important milestone, just like their first steps or first words. You want it to go well – not just to get a photo for the baby book, but so your child won’t mind future visits to the dentist.
Fortunately, our Murrells Inlet SC dentist and caring team at The Smile Center really love kids, and it shows! We’ve raised families of our own, so we know how to communicate with children. We can cope with the occasional temper tantrum or tear.
Providing Kid-Friendly Dentistry
As your babies turn into toddlers, we want to make sure they enjoy coming to The Smile Center. So we offer:
- TVs on the ceiling and headphones so they can watch cartoons or other favorite programs while Mom discusses “boring stuff” with our dentist
- Visits to our “treasure chest” after their dental exams
- Air abrasion, which lets our dentist treat small cavities with no drill and no anesthesia
We can also help you with your toddler’s dental issues. For a severe thumb sucking habit, for example, we can provide an appliance.
We Meet Your Child’s Changing Needs
As your child matures, The Smile Center meets their changing dental needs with services including:
- Custom athletic mouthguards to protect their teeth while playing sports
- Invisalign to straighten teeth without metal or wires
When Should I Bring My Child to the Dentist?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends bringing your baby to the dentist after the first tooth appears, before they turn 1. And we agree!
Your child’s first dental visit will mainly allow us to get to know them, and you, better. And our dentist is happy to address your questions about teething and other issues.
To ensure your child’s first dental visit goes smoothly, book an appointment with the family dentist from The Smile Center. Call 843-492-5026 for our Georgetown SC location or 843-491-5353 for Murrells Inlet SC. You can also use our handy online form.